What is a cookie?
We use the information listed below to measure how many visitors come to our website and what their content preferences are. This helps us to better understand what content is of interest and provide our website visitors with the information that is interesting and relevant.
When you browse this website, we and in some cases our service providers (e.g. analytics or advertising platforms, please see the list of providers below), collect the following types of information about your visit:
- - pages you visited and when you visited them
- - language your browser is set to
- - time spent on each page of the website
- - actions you took (e.g. when you clicked a banner or a button on the website)
- - from what website you came to this website
- - IP address
- - geographic location based on the IP address
- - operating system, type of device (desktop, mobile or tablet), and screen resolution.
Here is the current list of third-party service providers we work with who have access to the cookie information:
- - Google Analytics - for measuring number of visitors and content engagement.
- - SalesIQ Analytics - for measuring number of visitors and content engagement.
- - Matomo - for measuring number of visitors and content engagement.
- - Facebook - for allowing visitor to like and follow our page on Facebook.
- - Instagram - for allowing visitor to like and follow our page on Instagram.
- - YouTube - for measuring number of visitors who viewed the videos embedded on our website.
The other type of cookies used on this website is session cookies. As the name indicates, session cookies are temporary and expire in 7 days after you leave the website. This type of cookie is used to hold your items in the cart while you are shopping online. We keep this type of cookie for all website visitors as the website will not be functional without such session cookies.
How to control cookies
You can control and/or delete cookies as you wish. You can delete all cookies that are already on your computer and you can set most browsers to prevent them from being placed. If you do this, however, you may have to manually adjust some preferences every time you visit a site and some services and functionalities may not work.
You can easily accept or decline the cookies on this site by choosing one of the following links:
The use of personal data
To be able to provide you with services for tours and activities, we need personal information to be able to fulfill your order.
If you subscribed to the newsletter, we use your personal information for sending you emails about activities, events, and other related information.
We do not store your credit card information. Payments made on this website are processed by PCI-compliant 3rd party providers, such as Stripe for credit card payments, and Paypal if you choose to pay via this payment system. Credit card and wallet (Paypal) information is transmitted directly to the payment processing company via secure channels - we do not have access to your full payment information.
The data collected by our payment processing partners includes: name, last name, e-mail, phone number, IP address, name on the card, card number, expiration date, CVV, card issuing country, order elements and order total amount.
The data submitted to partners such as theaters, museums, tour companies and other activity and event providers includes: name, last name, order details (e.g. event date and type, number of tickets) and order total amount. Some partners request e-mail and phone number to be able to get in touch with you should the tour or event change due to unforeseen circumstances and they can warn you about such in advance.
If you decide to subscribe to our news at checkout, we also keep your consent to receive such emails. You can unsubscribe at any time by clicking "Unsubscribe" in an email you receive from places.events (marketing e-mails only).
Should you have any questions, please contact us by email email@example.com and we will make sure all your questions are answered.